New York, NY | Perm
Softworld’ s client is hiring a User Experience (UX) Architect to collaborate with clients and back-end developers to help create more usable applications, recommend standards, and implement cutting-edge experiences across a variety of presentation technologies.
You must be able to:
- Interact with peers and clients at all levels to sell design concepts, guide stakeholder decisions, and explain your thinking in ways that are understandable to a wide range of stakeholders
- Accurately estimate time to design and develop applications including management, meeting, and research times
- Design and create thoughtful, workable designs for Web sites, applications, mobile applications, and content management systems (CMS).
- Produce wireframes, mockups, personas, visual designs and other UX artifacts; take in requirements and produce documentation to inform the development process
- Create code that is semantic, flexible, scalable, and reusable; understand concepts and coding techniques for responsive design; adhere to best practices and current web development standards, including browser support and graceful degradation across browsers and mobile environments
- Work with other UX Consultants and developers to ensure they adhere to the structure and semantics defined for a given project
- Keep up-to-date on trends and best-practices in design and front-end coding standards
- Follow directions, learn independently, contribute regularly, and show strong leadership skills to be able to advance
- Work both independently and with team members, and must be a team player
- Travel up to 50% of the time to be available on-site at client projects may be required.
- At least seven years of full-time, hands-on, experience creating Web sites and Web applications
- Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, process design, visual design, user research concepts, and some deep creativity in one or more of these facets
- Portfolio must include at least 2 multi-product Enterprise application designs/redesigns
- A proven ability to explain your thinking and guide stakeholder decisions
- Expertise with the Adobe CS suite of products for Web graphics production, esp. Photoshop
- Familiarity with common UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular, React JS
- Proficiency in designing complex systems, portfolio must include scenarios or workflow diagrams and wireframes
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and their resolution