Title: Aeronautical Engineer
Type: 6 month contract to hire
Location: Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
Clearance: Active Secret or Top Secret supported
Seeking an Aeronautical Engineer to determine if new components retrofitted in aircrafts and UAVs will affect functionality, performance, and safety of aircrafts and UAVs. He/she will be responsible for certifying planes before they fly. The contract is called BACN which supports airframes for aircrafts and UAVs. Client needs someone on-site to support command and control whereas airframes work is located at Wright-Patterson in Dayton OH. Some travel to Wright-Patterson will be required.
- 7+ years’ experience including in-depth experience in a system engineering role.
- Provide airworthiness expertise, advice, and assistance for the full spectrum of the BACN operations.
- Provide support for Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) and certification, electrical engineering assessment, environmental engineering, and aeronautical/mechanical engineering.
- Thorough understanding of application software, operating systems, networks, storage platforms, and how they relate to system architecture.
- Experience working on each stage of the system development life cycle from initiation through deployment/sustainment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with process modeling and developing workflow diagrams.
- Able to elicit and interpret requirements and translate to technical specifications/system design following best practices and design patterns.
- Experience with or able to adapt to the demands of a UON/JUON/QRC program.
- Experience with OCONUS operation-related airworthiness activities.
- Experience with Air Force and FAA airworthiness baseline documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Able to communicate with management, technical staff, and end users in a clear and professional manner.
- Experience with engineering practices, techniques, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present technical presentations.
- Able to represent complex data in diagrams or through other techniques that communicate precise information to both business and technical staff.
- Proven ability to understand the strategic and tactical approach to projects and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- May require occasional travel to CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Must be a US citizen and hold a current Secret clearance.