Applications Support Engineer
San Diego, CA
An Application Support Engineer is required for a long-term contract in San Diego, CA
- The client is seeking to hire a dedicated resource to support, maintain, upgrade, and enhance the applications of the Land Use and Environment Group (LUEG) of the County of San Diego (COSD).
- Monitors application support queue, dispatches break-fix tickets to appropriate team members, and insures team members exceed service level agreements (SLA).
- Provides direct support to County personnel for application troubleshooting, issue resolution, enhancements, and upgrade support.
- Modifies application configurations, scripts, and reports according to customer specifications
- Troubleshoots application issues, traces logs, and debugs configurations to identify and determine root cause of application defects.
- Thoroughly documents application modifications, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Application configuration experience, preferably with web server experience (IIS/Apache/etc.) in an enterprise environment.
- Experience writing and modifying SQL queries to retrieve and present complex data sets from large relational databases.
- Direct experience working on Windows Server 2012/2016/etc. in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent enterprise application support skills, including direct experience in enterprise application configuration and scripting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on technical documentation, such as specifications or requirements documents.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments, and work with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and relational databases.
- Working knowledge and experience using the standard Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Development experience in a modern object-oriented language (.Net/Java/etc.).
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report design and modification.
- Experience with Accela government software or similar products.
- Experience with application testing, ideally in an enterprise or government environment.
- 12-18 months