Business /GIS Analyst
Our client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst skilled in GIS to support the Local Update of Census Address (LUCA) Appeals Office. The Business System Analyst will support the Director and Deputy Director of the 2020 Census LUCA Appeals Office in their determinations of whether to accept addresses submitted by tribal, state, and local governments that were previously rejected by the U.S. Census Bureau for inclusion in the 2020 Census universe of residential addresses. The Appeals process is the final phase of the LUCA program as mandated by P.L. 103-430. The candidate would be responsible for receiving and reviewing submissions provided in computer readable format and using GIS and or satellite imagery to determine the validity of provided addresses. Candidates will assist the Director/Deputy Director in the final decision-making process.
- Process Appeals cases. Analyze address information and documentary evidence provided by LUCA participants to support their appeals.
- Address File Management. Manage the files provided to the Appeals office through the National Processing Center (NPC), preparation of files for return to the Census Bureau conveying results of the appeal.
- Provide frequent updates to senior staff on workflow progress including progress of staging staff in the NPC.
- Reach an initial decision whether to accept or reject the appeal based on an evaluation of the quality of the evidence provided.
- Produce documents for multiple contacts with LUCA Appellants.
- Track workflow progress and interact with stakeholders to resolve any issues.
- Schedule and maintain workflow for submitted appeals.
- Provide technical assistance in analyses of the operations and results of the Appeals office.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to interpret documentary evidence submitted to support appeals.
- Strong background in GIS (Geographic information system), for example QGIS.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Proficient in database management.
- Experience with MS Project, workflow management tools.
- Previous work experience with the US Census Bureau’ s geographic operations.
- Experience working with tribal, state and local government technical staff.
- Experience working with geographic or address systems.
- Experience with web database administration.
- Understanding of Census Geographic concepts, address file management and associated systems.