Under general supervision, performs varied purchasing assignments to procure supplies, materials and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization in accordance with the Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual and U.S. Government regulation. Has signature authorization of purchases up to $50, 000.
1. Follows established procedures, practices, policies and U.S. Government regulation to contact vendors, obtain quotations, examine bids, make awards, place orders and expedite delivery of goods/services in support of internal and Federal sponsored awards.
2. Exercises judgment and working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchase at price consistent with quality and quantity.
3. Technical purchasing responsibilities are complex in nature.
4. Provides support in follow up activities to expedite the delivery of goods/services.
5. Conducts market research and develops requests for quotations (RFQ) for requisitioned materials, equipment, and services.
6. Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate in accordance with the Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual.
7. Independently represents Purchasing Department in external/internal meetings.
8. Examines bids including performing price and/or cost analysis in accordance with the Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual and ensures conformity with the RFQ requirements and addresses any deviations.
9. Negotiates purchase including price/cost and terms and conditions within signature authorization.
10. Documents file on why price negotiated is considered fair and reasonable.
11. Makes awards to the selected vendor and issues the order within signature authorization.
12. Considers small businesses for award from a strategic perspective, coordinates with supervisor.
13 Prepares and maintains purchasing file from inception to closure to satisfy internal and U.S. Government audits and purchasing system review requirements.
14. Interacts with other Departments (i.e., Technical, Legal, Accounting, Property, Contracts, Receiving, etc.), when necessary.
15. Reviews assigned open purchase requisition/purchase orders to ensure orders are being placed in a prioritized and timely manner and that expected due dates of items/services are current, and meets with Supervisor to discuss status and coordinates issue resolutions.
16. Responds promptly, courteously and professionally to Supervisor/Manager, requisitioner and vendor requests/inquires; maintains organized and clean work space; and timely disseminates pertinent information to interested and cognizant personnel.
17. Coordinates purchasing details with vendor, including pricing revisions, order cancellations, discontinued items, acceptable substitutes, back orders, delivery date revisions, invoice discrepancies and the like.
18. Provides procurement counsel and advice to requisitioners.
19. Participates in special assignments from Supervisor, including government audits.
20. Establishes, writes and provides proper documentation for all procurement actions to satisfy U.S. Government regulation and purchasing system review requirements.