Cloud Software Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Cloud/Security Software Engineer
Contract to Hire
· Work in an agile model with a team of peers on Cyber relates tasks that may vary day to day
· Develop and integrate applications using a CI\CD with container technology like OpenShift
· Work with business partners to understand their come up with a MVP solution
· Engaged in all phases of the SDLC which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models.
· Primary function is to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code).
· 4+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)
· 2+ years with Java or C development experience
· Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP cloud providers
· Experience with automating via Python, Powershell or PERL
· Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages.
· Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
· Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
· Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
· Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
· Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
· Resolves complex technical design issues.
· Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
· May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
· Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
· May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third party team members.
· May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages.
· Bachelor's degree required (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
· Experience with AWS Native KMS
· Experience with Twistlock or Redlock
· Knowledge of Cyber industry and technologies