Computer Operator (Clearance)
- Monitors and operates computer electronic digital computers to process business, scientific, engineering, or other data according to operating instructions
- Ensures that correct peripheral equipment is utilized and moves switches to clear system and operates the equipment; Selects and loads input and output units with materials
- Continuously observes equipment, storage devices, printers, and control panels for operator messages or error indicators
- Sets up and runs diagnostic tests and reacts appropriately to the messages and reports errors or machine malfunctions as required;
- May perform work incidental to machine operations such as maintaining production records, replenishing specified stock items, and distributing output materials
- Operates peripheral equipment to perform such operations as tape-to-printer
- May work with multiple systems. Computer Operations: Process day-to-day computerized batch processes for two large ammunition systems (OIS-R and OIS-W)
- Verify and complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly batch processes
- Oversee data exchange between OIS-R and OIS-W
- Post generated reports on a regular basis; Maintain log books for job runs
- Some troubleshooting required based on pre-written procedures or under the guidance of the Computer Lead Operator
- Communicate issues, when they arise, to leadership. Physical Security: Monitor all events in the building; Fill out Daily Security Checklist; Control building access using pre-determined procedures; Provide assistance to users via phone call and email; Provide coverage for shifts when regularly scheduled employee is off.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent 3+ years related experience.
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret or higher
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION: One of the following (or higher) - Network+CE, A+CE, Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security), System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).