Configuration Manager - Hardware
Hanscom AFB, MA
Softworld’ s client is seeking a Configuration Manager to provide support for the Command, Control, Communication, Intelligence and Networks (C3I&N) Directorate at Hanscom AFB. Excellent contract to hire role with well known company supporting government projects. No current secret clearance required, candidate just must be clearable.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with all functional disciplines to ensure proper Configuration Management activities are executed.
- Design, develop, and establish configuration management documentation based on program requirements.
- Prepare, coordinate, present, and file Configuration Control Board (CCB) Minutes and other management and control documentation and understand all CM baselines (functional, allocated and product) to ensure the integrity of the application programs and associated documentation throughout the development life cycle.
- Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product).Analyze complex engineering change proposals.
- Monitor contractors, subcontractors, and vendors of long-term/high revenue contracts to ensure that the applications of military standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
- Assist in the review of engineering change proposals (ECPs).Track technical, functional and programmatic developments of hardware and software.
- Participate in meetings including Technical Interchange Meetings, Technical Working Groups, Design Reviews, Requirements Working Groups, Technical Review Boards, Cross-functional Change Control Boards, and Configuration Control Boards.
- Work closely with Program Managers and Logisticians and supporting personnel to include schedulers; schedule and conduct CM audits.
- 5+ years experience in configuration management and analysis.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field.
- Must have progressive experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline.
- Able to work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, draftsmen and design/manufacturing engineers in an integrated product team environment.
- Experience with radios or electronic systems.
- Knowledge of the CM process and inputs across the project life cycle and the handling of Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
- Experience developing CM plans and performing system audits.
- Experience in Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).Able to track change requests and provide regular status updates to all invested parties.
- Familiarity with data modeling and/or data analysis.
- Experience implementing or administering automated CM/DM tools is a plus.
- Must have solid communication skills and be capable of interacting with staff at all levels of an organization.
- May require occasional CONUS travel.
- Must be a US Citizen and be clearable.