Contingent Workforce Program Manager
Our client is searching for an External Workforce Services (EWS) Program Manager to lead a newly formed office designed to coordinate and manage the company’ s contingent workforce. They are also in the process of implementing SAP Fieldglass.
An early focus for the EWS PM will be to conduct effective awareness communications across the company of the pending change, organize and provide ample user training, and ensuring a successful go-live rollout. Subsequent focus will be implementing additional functionalities such as profile workers (universities, maintenance & construction contractors, students, and military fellows) and for the administration of Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) subcontracts. This role will be responsible for line management of a team who will support this program in its entirety.
- Collaborate with hiring managers in defining key external workforce requirements necessary to support the company mission areas.
- Assist hiring managers with the end to end process of hiring a contingent worker inclusive of: job posting creation, resume review and candidate selection, order award and activation, on-boarding, and off-boarding of contingent workers.
- Engage as needed with external vendors to ensure the quality of external candidates meets company requirements, address personnel issues, evaluate process efficiency, and address customer satisfaction concerns.
- Manage and maintain key metrics to determine success of EWS Program Office, including but not limited to:
- Track EWS program performance, specifically to analyze the success, timeliness, and efficiency of EWS process steps and functions.
- Track and measure quality of resumes submitted by suppliers
- Meet program objectives and make adjustments accommodate project constraints.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to accomplish ongoing process improvements.
- Develop and deploy contingent worker process training to managers and contingent workers.
This role will supervise 2 IT managers, union and several individual contributors. Remainder is indirect through vendor management responsibilities
Qualifications/Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with a vendor management system, project management, or managed services in the staffing industry is desired; specific experience with SAP Fieldglass module is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels for both internal and external personnel and suppliers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Listening skills
- Leadership attributes with experience managing people
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of industry trends, legal risks, and legislation associated with contingent/temporary workers
- Requires a 4 year degree (advanced degree preferred) and a minimum of 7 years of experience and the ability to obtain a security clearance