3 month contract to hire
Tyson's Corner VA or Quincy MA
- Participate in negotiations of contract language, terms and conditions, cost/price, deliverables and schedule requirements.
- Manage large statewide ordering agreements issued by state governments for multiple states.
- Prepare responses to solicitations in the form of proposals and quotations.
- Facilitate and provide contractual guidance to internal management including sales, finance, and program management.
- Work with program management teams to assure compliance with contractual requirements during program execution and communicate contractual obligations to the account teams managing the installation and maintenance of the contracted telecommunications services.
- Perform contract closeout of assigned prime contracts and subcontracts.
- Coordinate with finance and business teams for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Manage the bid process and contract administration for multi-award indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contracts and foster strategic relationships with government acquisition personnel.
- Manage government business opportunity pipeline and tracks the status of proposal development with internal teams to ensure submittal deadlines are met.
- Review solicitations and contractual instruments.
- Assist in new business pursuit/capture and associated contractual strategy.
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new contract/subcontract policies and processes.
- Participate in development and administration of business alliances and teaming agreements.
- Provide administrative support as necessary, including drafting correspondence, online research, and file organization to the Government business team.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher, preferably in business, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 3-7 years direct experiences with government contracting.
- Working knowledge of government contracting concepts, including Federal Acquisition Regulations, particularly FAR part 8.4, Federal Supply Schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and coordinate activities across a range of functional areas.
- Must be able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to draft contractual instruments.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation, cross-functional leadership and team-building skills.
- Familiarity with commercial item/service contracts, federal supply schedules, multiple award schedules, firm fixed price contracts, IDIQ contracts, and common issues that may arise with these contract vehicles.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Must interface effectively with internal management, and customer representatives including contracting officers and specialists.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions.
- Proficient in all MS Office Applications, intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work with confidential information exercise judgment and discretion.