DSP/FPGA Engineer (Top Secret Clearance)
Chandler, AZ 85226 US
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Title: DSP/FPGA Engineer
Location: Chandler AZ - hybrid preferred but open to Remote candidates with ability to travel
Job Type: Full-time employee
Clearance: Active Top Secret Required
Out client is a leading global technology company providing terrestrial and wireless network solutions, next-generation 9-1-1 emergency services, satellite and space communications technologies, and cloud-native capabilities to commercial and government customers around the world.
We are looking for a DSP/FPGA Design Engineer to help our engineering team develop advanced satellite communications products. Our hardware development teams tackle real world problems while working with the software and test teams to deliver high quality products using the team-centric Agile development methodology.
The ideal candidate will apply their experience and sharpen their expertise in a hard-core product development environment. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of signal processing and communication algorithms, high-speed interface protocols, and networking protocols in FPGAs. The ideal candidate should also have some level of experience with digital board design and an understanding of high-speed digital design principles.
- Rapidly develop and implement FPGA based signal processing and communication algorithms.
- Own all aspects of FPGA development including design, RTL synthesis and simulation, place and route, timing closure, IP integration, and system level debugging.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define engineering requirements based on system-level requirements and tradeoffs.
- Create formal engineering documentation including SRS, SDD, ICD, and others.
- Bring-up and bench testing of prototype electronics.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in both signal processing and FPGA development.
- Experience implementing and a solid understanding of one or more modem waveforms such as STANAG 4486, DVB-S2X, and/or DSSS.
- Experience and understanding of multiple common bus interfaces and IO's such as Gigabit Ethernet, JESD204, PCIe, USB, SPI, I2C, and/or JTAG.
- Experience with architecture and design of communications systems.
- Experience modeling algorithms and waveforms in MATLAB / Python / etc. With a deep understanding of implementation tradeoffs.
- Basic proficiency with C for embedded systems and one higher level language (Python, etc).
- Some experience in board-level design including FPGA selection, digital design, basic analog circuitry (filter/gain stages) including ADCs, DACs, switching voltage regulators, and platform bring-up.
- Experience with using lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Communications Engineering.
- In-depth understanding of different FPGA architectures especially as it relates to communications design.
- Experience with creating new waveforms from requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.