DevOps Engineer (Microsoft Stack)
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and a proven ability to put complex systems into production.
• Experience using, managing and monitoring Amazon Web Services is required, in particular with these AWS services (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, CloudWatch).
• 3+ years’ experience with development/deployment technologies and automating a code development/build/release pipeline is desired.
• 5+ years’ experience with and knowledgeable of complete SDLC; must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
• Experience and familiarity with both Windows and Linux O/S, scripting, and IDEs (strong plus)
• Familiarity with Big Data mining and Quantitative concepts and technologies (a plus)
• Knowledge of REST web services and internet data integration patterns
• Experience monitoring and setting proper alerting thresholds for systems and applications using open source tools
• Prior IT experience at Wellington Management Company (a plus)
This position will be primarily responsible for assisting in the delivery of high quality business solutions using the latest in cloud, web, and statistical programming technologies and providing operational support for these ISci systems and users. As part of the MQS technology team, this position will work with Wellington Enterprise Infrastructure teams to automate and scale their development and operations leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS), and to participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle. With your Windows and Linux scripting and automation knowledge, you will help improve scalability, performance and monitoring of our production applications. As part of our agile development team, you will work to automate code builds and application testing, and to streamline deployments and releases on AWS. You must have deep knowledge of AWS service offerings and capabilities (e.g. experience using CloudFormation for multi-environment instantiation)
• DevOps role: support requirements gathering, rapid prototyping systems and services, agile builds and deployment to production, and operational support for the production systems.
• Member of Mosaic Quant Support team building/supporting applications/infrastructure for Investment Data Science teams; serve as MQS team’ s AWS Subject Matter Expert.
• Partner with Application Architects to review and implement business requirements. Focus on leading design, buildout and administration of the AWS infrastructure. Manage release and deployment cycles for highly available, scalable production infrastructure.
• Integrate with and adhere to Wellington corporate standards and best practices with respect to technology and security,
• Respond to issues when they occur and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
• Partner with Project Managers on estimates, statuses, identifying issues and raising risks