DevOps Engineer (Microsoft Stack)
- DevOps Engineer needed for a 6 Month+ Contract role in Boston, MA.
- DevOps role: support requirements gathering, rapid prototyping systems and services, agile builds and deployment to production, and operational support for the production systems.
- Partner with Application Architects to review and implement business requirements.
- Focus on leading design, buildout and administration of the AWS infrastructure.
- Manage release and deployment cycles for highly available, scalable production infrastructure.
- Integrate with and adhere to corporate standards and best practices with respect to technology and security
- Respond to issues when they occur and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Partner with Project Managers on estimates, statuses, identifying issues and raising risks
- 5+ years as a Dev Ops Engineer - This person needs to have a strong engineering background.
- 5+ years’ experience with and knowledgeable of complete SDLC; must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
- Experience using, managing and monitoring Amazon Web Services is required, with these AWS services (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, CloudWatch).
- C# development abilities (C# is preferred but not required as long as they have experience with another scripting language in a Microsoft environment).
- Knowledge of REST web services and internet data integration patterns
- Experience monitoring and setting proper alerting thresholds for systems and applications using open source tools
- 3+ years’ experience with development/deployment technologies and automating a code development/build/release pipeline is desired.
- Experience and familiarity with both Windows and Linux O/S, scripting, and IDEs (strong plus)
- Familiarity with Big Data mining and Quantitative concepts and technologies (a plus)
Duration: 6 Month+ Contract
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.