The Fabrication Engineering Group provides fabrication engineering and materials management for both mechanical and electronic projects using state-of-the-art technology. The group is involved from the initial design through manufacturing, assembly, integration and test, and works with program teams to ensure performance requirements, schedule, and budget are delivered to plan. The group continually investigates innovative fabrication technologies to assess their utility for Laboratory efforts.
- Responsible for electrical component procurement, as well as PCB assembly planning, routing, tracking and production control for several Laboratory programs
- Review engineering requests, drawings and bills of material to assess cost and feasibility of electronic parts, bare boards, and PCB assemblies; generate requests to centralized procurement organization for purchase, tracks parts through receipt, and then routes and tracks parts through in-house assembly
- Report on procurement/assembly status to the program team; keep the team focused on critical path components; drive actions necessary to resolve any limiters, such as finding substitute parts, negotiated improved dates with suppliers, etc
- Assist with make/buy decisions for PCB assembly based on appropriate criteria.
- Communicate and work effectively with shop supervisors, technicians/inspectors technical staff and outside vendors
- Candidate should also have six years minimum experience in:
- Electronic components planning, sourcing, and purchasing
- PCB assembly planning, routing, tracking and production control
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Circuit board procurement including rigid flex and RF
- Exemplary team skills; excellent planning, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with shop supervisors, technical engineering staff and outside vendors
- Candidate must be able to pass back-ground investigation and obtain a security clearance.
- Prior experience in aerospace or national laboratory materials management
- Experience using a Product Logistics Management system