Embedded Software Engineer
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Orlando FL
Duration: 12+ months with likely extensions
Clearance: Active Secret preferred (Interim acceptable)
Engineer to develop and maintain real-time embedded software applications. Typical applications are software products related to image processing, target detection and tracking, missile guidance/ navigation/ control algorithms, missile launchers, system control, built-in test, and system communication. Development will be in C and C++ hosted on either a PC or UNIX environment and targeted for an embedded processor running either VxWorks, Integrity or Linux as the real-time operating system. Familiarity with standard communication busses and protocols including RS-232, RS-422, MIL-STD-1553 and Ethernet is helpful but not required. The candidate will have experience with code implementation and integration and test. The candidate will be familiar with using source code control and issue tracking tools along with using modern test tools to do unit test and static analysis. An ideal candidate will be able to configure and manage a continuous test environment. Bonus skills would be familiarity with Agile development, Cyber Security, Department of Defense products, board support package and device driver development.
- Experience with embedded real-time development in C and C++.
- Experience in software coding, unit test, integration, and verification.
- RTOS experience with VxWorks, Integrity, or Linux.
- Experience with Hardware-Software integration.
- Excellent communication skills.
- C/C++ - 3+ years required
- Code & Unit Test - 4-5 years required
- Linux - 3 years required
- VxWorks - 3 years required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience generating and maintaining program software documentation such as SRS, ICD, Test Plans, Test Procedures.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Razor, Accurev, Git, JIRA, SVN. Familiarity with Visual Studio (i.e., Visual C++).