Field Service Technician
Newark, NJ 07114 US
Position will be performed onsite in Newark, NJ
Target rate: $30 per hour
This person will provide Field Service Technician (FST) support for products including; Explosives Trace Detectors, millimeter-wavelength scanners, automated lanes, and explosive detection systems. They will perform hands on work at customer (primarily TSA) sites. The Ideal Candidate will have some electronics as well as computer, PLC, and mechanical background, and be a strong troubleshooter.
Candidate will need to have a driver's license as some tasks will require work offsite but within driving distance. Candidate will work in a light industrial environment including but not limited to: airport checkpoints; bag rooms with overhead conveyors and large industrial equipment; occasional confined space environments
This position is needed in order to fill an immediate vacancy in our workforce based out of Newark Liberty International Airport.
- May be working in cramped/unkept spaces
- Working in some areas which have climate control and some areas that do not have climate control
- Overall Industrial
- Physical environment
- Respond to P1 and P2 tickets and will also work on scheduled maintenance
- Preventative and corrective maintenance
- Scheduled maintenance
- May need to go to other airports to service machines
- May be asked to service on private contracts
- Associates degree with 2+ years’ experience
- Has the ability to read, interpret, and redline drawings and schematics
- Familiar with basic electronic test, measure, and diagnostics equipment such as multimeters
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and hold a valid sate driver’s license
- Ability to pass a TSA suitability background check
- Must be able to lift, carry & transport heavy equipment greater than 50 lbs. safely, climb ladders at heights above 15’
- Previous experience servicing computer tomography (CT) / x-ray equipment and other non-intrusive inspection equipment, PLC applications, hydraulic systems
- Mechanical background considered a plus, along with network media conversion and software interface.