Fortinet Firewall Engineer
Fortinet Firewall Engineer - Quincy, MA
Seeking a highly skilled Fortinet Firewall Engineer who thrives on supporting diverse environments while delivering superb customer service. This position will include designing, planning and provisioning new environments, supporting existing customers, capacity planning and handling escalations from our NOC team. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Individual must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and emerging business requirements, interface with technology engagement teams as a fully seasoned and proficient security solutions engineer, in providing best in class firewall/JPS/AV and web filtering solutions that align to meet customer requirements.
- Candidate will be a strong engineering minded individual with polished collaboration, written, and communication skills, a proven track record interacting with customers and technical team members in delivering best in class security solutions to our customers.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software
- Develop and document infrastructure support policies and guidelines.
- Monitor trends and recommend future architecture strategies and road maps.
- Educate and mentor IT support staff as needed, including requisite training on technology and governance.
- Research and stay current on security best practices and function as a subject matter expert in this area.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree. (Additional 4 years’ experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.)
- Expertise with Fortinet Firewalls.
- 4 years of networking experience.
- 4 years network security experience.
- Hands-on experience with Internet protocols, packet capture and analysis, SSH, TLS/SSL and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Expertise in modifying firewall rule sets, troubleshooting issues by studying network traffic flows, lock down an application, troubleshooting firewall problems in a service provider environment under short time constraints involving complex network application flows between multiple hosts spanning multiple firewalls and different geographic locations.
- Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and a comprehensive knowledge of IP networking and network security including encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, MPLSN PN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches, and a good understanding of IP subnetting and routing such OSPF and BGP.
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices (PCI, SOX, HIPAA)
- Problem Solving - must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
- Self-Motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and high level of integrity.