Great Plains Admin
Nashville , TN
implements and manages accounting/finance department systems;
provides both day to day support, strategic planning and design of current and future Applications to support all aspects related to Financial operations within the company;
administers the Great Plains ERP system, Management Reporter and acts as a finance lead for all systems and applications;
provides support for all projects and initiatives providing structured and value-added financial systems architecture;
interfaces and collaborate with IT resource in managing vendor and contractor relationships;
facilitates the integration of subsidiaries onto the parent company's systems.
- Administers technical aspects of the Great Plains System including but not limited to setup, maintenance of accounts, companies, forms, templates and various integrations.
- Performs administrative functions reporting software (Management Reporter & BI 360). Works to continuously improve analytical engine within finance for better business analysis
- Provide end user support and training for MS Dynamics GP, MS SharePoint and other ERP applications
- Troubleshoot issues in GP especially with financials, project accounting, payroll, and human resources modules
- Responsible for data integrity of GP system inputs and outputs.
- Maintain GP security model, provision users while maintaining approved access controls.
- Create and Maintain system documentation, logs, work instructions and procedures. Promote the use of standardized written procedures and workflows.
- Maintain GP System Security in compliance with corporate standards and applicable statutes.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of application dependencies, workflows, integrations, and processes surrounding applications.
- Manage and actively participate in change control process on behalf of the Finance Department.
- Recommend, plan, schedule, perform software improvements, upgrades, reconfigurations and patches
- Support Finance & IT Leadership Team and affiliates with critical system recommendations and architecture
- Build, test and apply application enhancements and upgrades within test and production environments.
- Work with vendors on product enhancements and system upgrades to assure system optimization and project completion.
- Develop and manage Projects at the departmental and enterprise level in support of Financial Operations
- Must be customer centric in approach and understand the closing process and tight deadlines associated with it
- Must be a self-starter, dwells in solutions not in issues, able to work in a rapidly growing company environment
- Have intellectual horsepower, brings a sense of urgency to the issues and collaborates and communicates effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Create and maintain operational budgets for all financial systems.
- Must be customer service oriented. For example, assisting accounting staff, other departments, and field personnel with questions/problems/training.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate Esprit de corps in all areas.
- 5-7 Years Managing Enterprise Level Financial systems.
- Great Plains is a MUST.
- 5-7 Years Project Management with a minimum of 2 years Program Level management.
- 3-5 Years Managing Enterprise level ERP systems implementations.
- 3-5 Years Developing Enterprise Financial systems Architecture.
- Fundamental Understanding of Accounting Processes and Procedures.
- Functional Experience with Mid-tier Accounting and ERP solutions.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to be detailed but adept in thinking strategically to influence business decisions.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Expansive Knowledge in Great Plains ERP Solutions with a Focus on both technical and financial aspects and Detailed Knowledge of Systems Architecture.
- Extensive experience working with vendors and managing outside consultants.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple enterprise level projects.
- Detailed experience with business process reengineering and process development.
- Create and manage KPIs within the department and enterprise level projects.
- Work effectively with multiple business units to translate business requirements to fit enterprise architecture.