Hardware Controls Design Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Start Date: ASAP
Project Length: Indefinite
Desired Technical Background
- Fire control systems
- Motors and actuator experience
- Strong hardware and electronics component design experience
Overview of responsibilities
- Electrical engineering and hardware design of fire control systems for combat vehicles
- Experience with Analog and Digital Video Circuits (RS-170, HD-SDI, LVDS, DVI, DisplayPort) preferred.
- Design utilizing high and low speed digital communications standards such as: EIA-232, EIA-422/485, VME, CAN, Gigabit/10 Gig Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP, UDP, GigEVision, and Ethernet.
- Design circuit cards and/or electronics.
- Experience with Control Systems for small motors used to control actuators with positional and/or encoder feedback
- Design, develop, and test electronics, components, and subsystems in support of integration of thermal imaging systems, cameras, lasers, radar, direct view optics, and stabilized control systems.
- Support circuit board specifications, ICD's, and test plans.
- Support concept to production including architecture analysis, trade studies, requirements analysis, engineering reviews, design, test, and qualification.
- Component selection, procurement, and oversight of hardware build.
- Review and develop hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
- Support the integration & testing of electrical control devices and sights and sensors on the various vehicle platforms.
- Work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure the product meets its requirements.
- Prepare and present written reports, status reports, and presentations as necessary.
- Provide technical support and communication to the program office, customers, and other departments
- Experience with Microcontrollers preferred.
- Experience with video distribution techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with Military Standards and test requirements.
- Capable of Obtaining a Security Clearance preferred.