Help Desk Technician - TS
Washington DC, DC
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide continuous coverage to the User Support Center (USC) during scheduled shift and remain on shift until relief coverage is available.
• Provide on-call and recall support as-required to sustain 24/7/365 operations.
• Provide ‘ Mission Essential’ support availability, including physical coverage during inclement weather, holidays, and government closure.
• Provide support of Primary, Secondary, and COOP locations within a 150 mile National Capital Region (NCR) area, including overnight lodging.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet and position self to maintain systems and equipment within the IT environment, including under desks and in enclosed spaces.
• Respond to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the IT environment.
• Complete and document trouble tickets using applicable software, and policy and procedures within established SLA time windows.
• Install, update, test, maintain, and provide corrective maintenance/troubleshooting for Operating Systems, templates, applications, and physical IT equipment.
• Monitor all identified systems and services utilizing approved tools.
• Administer, issue, and maintain user accounts, distribution/security groups, and passwords.
• Provide BlackBerry mobile support (e.g .Password reset, activation, and troubleshooting etc.).
• Provide VTC and VOIP endpoint support.
• Provide installation, maintenance, queue management, and configuration support of direct connect and network based single purpose and multifunction printers.
• Conduct fault isolation and resolution of network problems, whether cable, workstation, peripherals, or other hardware.
• Perform basic maintenance and minor repairs on hardware and peripherals.
• Provide data transfers between classified and unclassified networks according to prescribed policy and procedures.
• Track, maintain, and distribute a stock of consumables and equipment cleaning supplies for IT equipment as identified by On-Site Manager or Lead (e.g. toners, ink, CD-Rs, DVDs, etc.)
• Ensure technical safeguards are maintained to provide controlled user access, integrity of electronic mail, applications and user data.
• Document procedures and processes used to research, assess, troubleshoot, test, and resolve support incidents.
• Assist with maintenance of servers and network services.
• Assist and coordinate with all support tiers as necessary to support project/task execution or with any escalated user requests or incidents.
• Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
• CompTia Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, or GSEC in good standing (IAT-II); Must be provided upon submission to CKA
• Current (within 05 years) computing environment certification; Ex. Microsoft MCSA/MCSE. Must be obtained within 4-months from start
• Hands-on technical experience (02 years)
• Microsoft Windows 7 and newer (02 years)
• Microsoft Office 2010 and newer (02 years)
• Top Secret or Interim Top Secret
• Blackberry Server Administration (01 year)
• Video Teleconferencing, VTC (01 year)
• Voice Over IP, VOIP (01 year)
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer (02 years)
• IAVM Compliance (02 years)
• BMC Remedy (02 years)
Sunday - Thursday
7am - 3: 30pm