Overview: This is an ideal position for a hands-on ISSO / ISSE that enjoys supporting a unique program as a key person supporting a mission support network as a network security engineer and security analyst. The work involves supporting an Active Directory environment with physical and virtual servers, storage arrays, and Windows and Linux laptops/desktops.
- Checking and analyzing security and intrusion logs, updating Systems Security Plan and related documentation.
- Updating IT security policies and procedures.
- Conduct an internal C&A/A&A for a unique isolated network.
- Identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc.
- Application of current IA technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation, and integration of systems and networks to maintain system security.
- Working closely with Government customers to ensure that the IA requirements are defined and implemented in a way that allows for the accreditation of the IA architecture.
- Working with systems developers or commercial product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure systems, networks, and database products and the use of methods such as encryption technology, vulnerability analysis, and security management.
- Responsible for the integration of multiple methods into a cohesive system security perimeter and environment as well as execution of the policies and procedures necessary to monitor and maintain such an environment.
- Experience conducting and supporting C&A/A&A
- Experience and ability to implement equivalent of STIGS, ACLs, white lists, blacklists
- Experience/ability to recommend IA hardening without losing agility
- Experience and ability to complete security documentation with a concise clear writing style
- Experience using Visio to create systems and network diagrams
- Experience with desktop, laptop, server operating systems and applications and hardening
- Experience hardening network components
- Experience with Nessus and mitigating scanning reports
- Experience implementing STIGs or equivalent
- Experience administering Windows and Linux and VM environments