IT Manager - Client Services
The IT experience across the Laboratory is grounded in the positive and effective interactions provided by the Client Services team. The Director for Client Service provides leadership and direction for all customer service functions of the Information Services Department (ISD), and is responsible for the execution of strategic plans in alignment with the Department's vision and mission.
ISD provides enterprise information technology services to the Laboratory. The Department integrates core transactional and leading edge information technologies to meet the ever-changing requirements of the Laboratory and its sponsors. ISD is customer-focused, providing high-value, cost-effective enterprise solutions and services that provide a secure and stable infrastructure, as the foundation of efficient administration, IT security, mission assurance, and research enablement. This position is at the forefront of the ISD customer experience for all Laboratory staff. Partner focus, attention to Laboratory culture and emotional intelligence are critical for success.
Primary Duties: Service Management, Business Planning, Human Resource Management, Program & Project Delivery, Financial Management, Communication & Collaboration
This role will supervise 2 IT managers, union and several individual contributors. Remainder is indirect through vendor management responsibilities
Qualifications/Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET government security clearance is required.
- US Citizenship is required
· BA/BS in Management Information Systems or related disciplines, combined with significant, relevant work experience required.
· 10+ years of IT experience, with focus on client services
· 5+ years of increasing managerial experience
· Experience in vendor management as well as establishing and managing performance to agreed SLA’ s
· Demonstrated success in developing, coaching, and mentoring high performance team. Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation and results-orientation.
· Proven ability to develop plans that meet the architecture/technology needs of the organization while incorporating business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends, and economic viability.
· Demonstrated experience in setting/monitoring operational metrics to drive positive service outcomes