IT Operations Manager
IT Operations Manager
The Information Technology Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining information technology strategies by managing staff and researching and implementing technological strategic solutions focused on achieving the right outcomes for our clients. The manager has direct responsibility for our two data centers and the hardware contained within each. Their maintenance is critical to customer success. The leader will lead by example by implementing the right technical solutions that maintains the stability of our platform. This is achieved by displaying a passion for the technology and ambition for learning while focusing on proactive and holistic approaches to continuously improving the customer experience.
- Accomplishes customer eccentricity by and maintaining our internal and external SLA’ s for our MCM4 and MCM5 production systems, as well as key operational systems such as Github, Mail, Bamboo, Jira etc.
- Lead the information technology staff by communicating the corporate vision, explaining job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counselling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Build a quality customer focused team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; and developing professional growth opportunities for team members.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
· B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
· 10 years or more of progressive experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
· Aptitude to work with both operations engineers and software developers on cross-functional teams
· Manage a team of System and Network Administrator professionals as well as manage and coordinate with Corporate IT, local desktop support.
· Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
· Experience with monitoring, automation and log analytics such as SolarWinds, Ansible, Splunk, Elastic or similar tools
· Proficiency with programming such as Powershell, C#, Python or something similar
· Solid understanding of Windows, Linux, VMware and applications built on the .NET Framework and core Microsoft technologies
· Versed in supporting use of APIs as well as hierarchical markup languages like JSON or XML
· Relational database knowledge such as MySQL or MS-SQL