IT Problem Manager
Miami Lakes, FL
The IT Problem Manager will be responsible for managing Problem Management as part of IT Services Management framework (ITSM) and Problem Management process. This position works withmultiple business lines to ensure the Problem Management process is followed and that risks, impacts, procedures, tasks, and related information is properly documented, recorded, analyzed, and approved.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of all technologies including operating systems, end-user computing tools, hardware, application software, configuration, network and mainframecommunications.
· Familiar with different industry Root-Cause-Analysis methods.
· 1-2-year’ s experience with ServiceNow ITSM modules/applications.
· Basic understanding and knowledge of regulatory/compliance requirements, trends and developments. (e.g. COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, GLBA, FFIEC).
· Demonstrated experience in configuration management (physical and logical configuration of hardware components and system software).
· Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
· Knowledge and understanding of incident, change, configuration, problem and release management processes within the ITIL framework. This includes technology enablement and automation, processgovernance, measurement and audit, and continual process improvement.
· Good understanding of application build and deploy methodology, software distribution, implementation and verification.
· Good understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM/ITIL), including service delivery lifecycle.
· Good understanding of designing, developing and implementing a federated configuration management database.
· Good understanding of requirements analysis activities to identify criteria for configuration items (CI) and relationships between CIs.
· Good understanding of clients' business and the impacts of incident, change, problem, release, and configuration management services on those businesses.
· Good understanding of information technology architecture and strategy.
· Knowledge and technical, analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong customer service and vendor management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to work with employees and management at all levels
· Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Problem Management (50%)
· Create and implement an IT Problem Management process and manage and maintain the problem management database and major incident reports.
· Manages the day-to-day activities of the Problem Management process.
· Ownership and maintenance of the Known Errors Database (KEDB).
· Collaborate with the Service Desk when a major incident is triggered to ensure the problem management process is initiated to start documenting the root cause analysis.
· Collaborate with IT teams to ensure they pro-actively identify and record operational issues and trends in the problem management system.
· Provide appropriate reporting of timely major incident reports and drive resolution working directly with IT teams and business lines.
· Monitor problem management performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Facilitate and participate in problem management meetings with a focus on recent major incidents, RCA status, incident trending, and operational issues
· Manage problem record lifecycle by ensuring that respective incidents, problems or changes are identified, recorded and tracked to resolution in line with agreed resolution plans.
· Monitor the day-to-day use of standardized methods and procedures for configuration management in order to reduce the risk associated with changes to the production environment.
· Work with stakeholders to ensure that release and change implementation artifacts are complete and meet process requirements and standards.
· Assist with root cause determination for major incidents triggered by an enterprise outage with the objective to achieve change success ratio (CSR) goals.
Advocacy for Problem Management (20%)
· Verify process compliance on an ongoing basis and escalates accordingly.
· Manage process exceptions.
· Propose Problem Management process and platform improvements and coordinate their implementations and rollout.
· Promote a culture of process collaboration.
· Supports Management Responses and actions on any Problem Management related audit findings.
· Break down strong silo or functional mindsets.
· Represent IT Service Management processes to business clients.
Problem Review Board (20%)
· Facilitates the Problem Review Board (PRB) meetings and ensure requires IT Support Teams and stakeholders are invited.
· Ensure the Problem tickets are created and assigned accordingly to IT Support Team responsible to perform the Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA)
· Ensure Problem records are addressed timely as per defined SLAs
· For Major (P1) Problems, ensures the RCA is documented and reported timely to stakeholders
· Supports IT teams with the RCA methods and expectations to deliver a solid RCA to IT senior management and affected business stakeholders