IT Program Manager - Learning Management System
LMS Program Manager
12+ month contract
The Corporate IT Program Manager is a critical member of the Project Management Office (PMO), providing hands on leadership for all aspects of their programs/projects. In this position, s/he will align closely to IT Product Management, to lead IT and the business stakeholders through complex programs. The IT Program Manager will monitor and control the scope, schedule, and financial health of the program, partner across IT and the business to match the right resources to the right initiatives and ensure that best practices and governance models are being followed.
- Ability to indirectly influence people to meet commitments and expectations.
- Strong presentation and executive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-organized, and an eye for process improvements.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA, Collaboration & Project Management Tools a plus.
- Experience with a PPM/Project Management system (e.g. PlanView) desired
- Working knowledge of project management lifecycles and techniques.
- Able to look at the big picture, speculate and conceptualize outcomes and identify trends.
- Strong quantitative and analytical reasoning skills.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of Program Management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management focused on interacting with a variety of cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proficient in project management core competencies such as scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, and resource management.
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall/Traditional, Agile/Scrum) required.
- Software development lifecycle, application deployment, and information systems planning experience.
- Experience working in a matrix organization managing senior stakeholders
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field required.
- MBA or Master’ s in Project Management a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent highly desired
- Agile certifications (PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, SAFE) or equivalent highly desired