IT Project Manager
Softworld's client is looking for an IT Project Manager with Financial Services/Banking industry experience. This position is a 6+ month contract in Dorchester.
Top 3 desired skills:
- Proficient with MS Project Plan (They must be strong with this tool, no exceptions) – Able to create a project plan from the start of a project, monitor and control the project plan, and work with the business unit on weekly updates.
- Proactive – Able to get results through discussing the project with various stakeholders early and often.
- Strong Communication Skills – Written and Orally
- 5 years work experience in a Project Manager role (we need people with proven IT project delivery skills)
- Projects were at least 6 months in duration
- Projects delivered IT solutions (systems integration, software design/development, technology platform design/development)
- Projects required good communication and stakeholder management skills
- The PM created detailed project plans for each project
- owned the creation of the project plan (themselves)
- implemented scope management and change control process
- managed risks and issues
- managed stakeholder relationships
- produced regular status reports
- worked with a PMO
- worked with QA to ensure proper testing of the system/product they were delivering
- managed implementation and release to production of the system/ product
- conducted lessons learned sessions throughout the life-cycle of the project
Professional PM and Agile certifications: CAPM, PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, CSM or CSP by Scrum Alliance, etc.