Information Security Manager
Deerfield, IL | Contract to Hire
Reporting to the Head of Information Risk Management, the IT Disaster Recovery Manager will be responsible for the leading, implementing, and testing of IT resiliency strategies, best practices, standards and plans for Takeda’ s Global Disaster Recovery program. This includes providing leadership to the customer facing DR engagements as well and Takeda's internal DR program.
- Own and evolve the disaster recovery strategy, including all techniques and tools, in support of rapid recoverability of the infrastructure and applications supporting business functions during a disaster
- Create and implement IT strategy, framework and roadmap to drive predictable and transparent recovery of infrastructure and applications
- Consult with IT Leadership and internal teams (application architects, infrastructure architects, project teams) to align Disaster Recovery strategies with enterprise architecture solutions, representing multiple platforms, services or tools
- Maintain working knowledge of advanced Disaster Recovery tactics, techniques and procedures
- Perform a technical analysis of current DR architecture to determine the readiness to meet the
- Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) as defined by the Business Impact Analysis.
- Serve as central point of contact for DR architecture strategy
- Assess DR solution capabilities and relationships with 3rd parties; provide recommendations for improved resiliency
- Develop and maintain annual DR calendar
- Oversee IT DR planning and execution globally for all verticals and geographies
- Oversee the development and execution of recovery tests, scenarios and exercises, including planning, facilitation, reporting and oversight of remediation activities
- Strategize and implement new techniques to improve recoverability as applications become more distributed and/or cloud-based and our vendor relationships change and expand, while also continually rationalizing existing activities
- Of the six years of minimum experience required, one shall demonstrate a progression in diverse and higher level IT experience, with at least three years of which shall have been in a BC and/or DR planning, administrative or managerial capacity.
- CBCP or CBCI certifications
- Strong knowledge of disaster recovery principals at manufacturing and R&D labs