Eagan, MN | Contract
The patch management systems administrator will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading systems to ensure the environment is secured and updated.
This role includes, but not limited to patch management, system upgrades, backups, disaster recovery/business continuity planning, monitoring system performance, cloud integration initiatives, and various projects to meet business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Troubleshoots complex server hardware and OS related issues.
• Monitor systems and equipment throughout the enterprise.
• Develop and maintain document processes and procedures.
• Evaluate, test, and implement new productions and solutions.
• Performs other related systems administration duties and tasks as required by management.
• Deploy new systems and solutions under best practices guidelines.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedure initiatives.
• Follow through with tasks and projects.
• Monitor/optimize system resources and utilization.
• Partners with a variety of technology and business operations teams to ensure seamless data transmission for the end to end patch management workflow.
• Develops Patching Plan to support monthly vendor patches to all systems.
• Responsible for identifying enhancements, defining requirements, and assisting leadership in the prioritizing, development, testing, and implementation.
• Supports system patching test lab and tests for unintended consequence of system performance.
• Communicates results, status, and actions effectively.
• Ensures that the end to end Patch Management workflow, processes, and procedures adhere to Security policies and standards.
• Educational experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and five years' work-related experience
• Active or ability to acquire Public Trust security clearance
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of computer software and hardware and their network applications
• Strong Microsoft Server Operating Systems
• Strong background supporting Linux Servers helpful
• Strong VMware experience - other virtualization technologies helpful
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
• Collaborate with team members to improve and optimize systems and resources
• Excellent organizational skills
• Candidates must have all required skills/experience to be considered.
• Candidates must be a US Citizen
• Candidates need Public Trust Clearance