Infrastructure engineer – Portsmouth, NH
6 Month Contract / possible extension / conversion
1-2 days Remote
Job Description: Infrastructure Engineer
What does this role entail?
• The team is focused on building on newly purchased products onto our AWS infrastructure.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of software and hardware environments (including future releases)
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, take appropriate corrective action, interact with IT staff and vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions. Communicate and document findings.
• Perform software installation and upgrades through infrastructure as code.
• Monitor system performance and capacity; report changes in usage.
• Participate in hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures. All through infrastructure as code
• Manage security administration and deployments through infrastructure as code
Minimum Qualifications/ Require Skills
• Experience as a AWS Systems Administrator for BI/Analytics systems
• Experience in supporting Informatica system administration
• Experience building infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation Templates
• Experience in scripting
• Basic experience in OS Admin skills (Unix, Windows, Linux)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid time management and organizational skills, and detail-oriented
• Must work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Positive, proactive team player
• Experience in Agile engineering methodology