Java API Developer
San Antonio, TX
Location: San Antonio, TX
Duration: Contract to Hire
Softworld, Inc is looking for multiple Mid-Level & Senior Java API Developers to sit on-site at our client in San Antonio, TX who is a leading name in the insurance & banking industries. These roles will transition to direct-hire after 4-6 months. Candidates must be able to interview and work 100% on-site in San Antonio.
- The Java API developers will be working on the Platform Development team, and will provide server-side Java development on both new and existing applications.
- Pick up & learn new technologies for use in daily development.
- Work efficiently in an Agile & Test-driven development environment
- Post conversion client benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO, 15-16% Yearly Bonus, 8% 401k match, Holiday bonus, as well as a tuition/certification reimbursement program.
- Note: Benefits and PTO are still available during the contract portion
- 4+ years of strong Java development expertise
- Strong experience developing & integrating REST APIs
- Experience with Java technology stack including Spring, Hibernate, JSP, JMS, JDBC, JPA, etc.
- Experience with Junit & Eclipse IDE or similar TDD technologies
- Strong Agile development environment work
- Microservices / Spring Boot experience
- Docker / Kafka or similar container technologies
- Openshift, Couchbase, GIT