Tysons Corner, VA
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Softworld is looking for a Java Developer for a highly visible, fast paced government program. This position includes collaboration with both technical and non-technical personnel across all project stakeholders.
- Support the design and development of web applications using JAVA and COTS products
- Develop testable code using existing service tier components and prescribed coding conventions
- Work in a dynamic environment utilizing advanced debugging skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and attention to detail, working in a collaborative team environment using emerging technologies and modern software development practices
- Under Lead Architect guidance work to define requirements, research candidate technologies, and support development of prototype solutions.
- Support development by applying Agile principles, including participating in sprint planning, design sessions, development, testing and deployment
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent amount of work experience
- 4+ years of professional software engineering and software development experience
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
- Experience with Java, J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, AJAX, JSF
- Experience with or knowledge of AWS
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience using COTS products such as Solr, Adobe AEM, WebLogic, etc. is a plus
- Experience designing and developing REST based services
- Experience being part of Scrum or other Agile development teams
- Applied knowledge of architectural patterns such as Microservices, SOA, MVC, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills.
- Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic environment with changes in priorities and aggressive deadlines.