Java Software Engineer
Java Software Engineer.
Clearance US Citizenship required; current Secret strongly preferred.
Cambridge, MA – onsite required Monday-Friday.
Java Developer to transform a DoD program to use current industry standards in data storage as well software development processes. The project is currently architecting a 21st century enterprise software solution to a large-scale data storage and organization problem. As part of this we are currently standing up an Agile as well as a CI/CD implementation that we are looking to use as a baseline for other projects.
The candidate will be required to be a strong self-starter as they will need to fundamentally understand how legacy data is being processed and how to develop a migration strategy from this system to the new paradigm. A jack of all trades would be a best fit as we are currently doing Systems level work, working with embedded developers, designing a database, frontend and backend work.
- 5-10+ years of experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Java developer
- Familiar with Maven build automation tool
- Clearance US Citizenship with ability to obtain Secret level clearance required
- BS or MS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent
Knowledge of at least one item of the following is required:
- Web Backend development experience (Query to SQL database experience a plus)
- Front-end web development in any language
- Low-level Binary Data parsing from an ICD. (Knowledge of Protobuf or AVRO a plus)
· Systems Engineering experience
· CI/CD experience
· Knowledge of Artifactory/Nexus
· Data Management experience