Jr Optical Systems Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
Client in the Northern Detroit area seeks a Jr Optical Systems Engineer that focuses on the development, design and testing of optical components and subsystems in support of integration of thermal imaging systems, color and monochrome high-resolution cameras, lasers, radar, direct view optics, and stabilized control systems
• Experience with optical system design.
• Experience with physical and geometrical optics.
• Basic optics laboratory skills including precise alignment and calibration procedures.
• Experience with CAD tools, such as CREO/Pro-E is preferred.
• Optical design and analysis utilizing standard optical tools such as Zemax, Night Vision Integrated Performance Model (NV-IPM) is preferred.
• Experience with Analog and Digital Video. (RS-170, HD-SDI, LVDS, DVI, DisplayPort, 3G SDI, 6G SDI) is preferred.
• Experience with video distribution techniques is preferred.
• Familiarity with Military Standards and test requirements is preferred.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.