Junior SOC Analyst- Secret Clearance Required
The SOC Analyst will provide first level IDS monitoring, analysis and incident response to information security alerts events. The SOC Analyst will also analyze network traffic and IDS alerts to assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms, compose and send alert notifications and recommend IDS filters to eliminate false positives.
- Intrusion detection system (IDS) monitoring
- Incident response
- Information assurance
- Computer security best practices
- System hardening
- Vulnerability assessment
- Vulnerability management
- Utilizing techniques for analyzing TCP/IP network traffic and event logs
Knowledge of the one or more of the following tools:
- McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator (ePO)
- RSA Archer Security Operations Management
- HP WebInspect
- McAfee Foundstone Vulnerability Manager
- Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
A Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent training in information technology.
- Working with operating systems such as: Microsoft Windows XP/7/8, Linux, Unix.
- Experience working in a SOC, network operations center (NOC) or computer security incident response center (CSIRC).
- Experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment.The ideal candidate should be able to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure. Speed and accuracy are essential, as is the ability to make quick, informed decisions while facing a deadline.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be self-directed and independent.
- All candidates must be willing to work any shift … there are no guarantees on shift selection or permanent shift placement at this time.
Clearance Required: Active Secret
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire