Junior Vehicle Software Developer
Sterling Heights, MI
- Entry level to Junior Software Engineer responsible for the development and support of embedded application software for a family of ground vehicles. The engineer will participate in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products.
- Performing software requirements analysis.
- Developing software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Developing code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Developing and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Preparing status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Interfacing with other departments and business units.
- Bachelor's degree in computer or software engineering or a related technical field.
- Entry-3 years of applicable engineering experience.
- Background in Ada or C/C++ desired.
- Experience in configuring Linux/Unix operating systems desired.
- Experience with bootloaders (e.g. grub) desired.
- Linux, Unix, PC experience.
- Fifty percent office environment, fifty percent lab environment.