Lead Software Engineer
Boston , MA
What you’ ll do as a Technical Lead:
• Take ownership of the design, development, and operations of API services as well as internal tools written primarily in C# and TypeScript with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in AWS.
• Provide significant input to product vision for how your team’ s software should evolve as a coherent technical platform to deliver personalized communications for the broader engineering team.
• Represent engineering concerns for the systems your team owns.
• Lead your team in design sessions and ensure high quality work that aligns with the company's engineering strategy.
• Mentor other engineers on your team and help them improve their technical skills.
What skills you will use:
• Ideally, you have experience as the ‘ expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
• Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
• You have strong relational database skills and are comfortable using non-relational data stores like DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis.
• Familiarity with cloud (we use AWS) infrastructure and architecture best practices.
• You also have the ability to write comprehensive automated test suites at all levels of the architecture.
• Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company is a plus.