Lead Systems Analyst, Investment Compliance
Keys to this position:
1. We are seeking strong Systems Analyst skills (gathering business requirements, writing functional specs, etc.)
2. Domain: The candidate should have an understanding of the Investment workflow and experience in one of the following: Compliance, Trading or the Front Office.
3. Technical: Must be able to query the database with SQL.
4. Leadership experience: This is a hands-on leadership role, leading a team of four consultants (on/offshore model).
5. Excellent communication skills are required.
6. Source: Any Buy side, Sell side or Custodian shops (i.e.Fidelity, Morgan Stanley, State Street, etc.). Also any shops that use Compliance or LatentZeroSentinel (which is a Compliance tool).
· 7 years or more experience in a systems role supporting business professionals in the investment industry
· Demonstrated trackrecord throughout the systems lifecycle, with proven expertise in the analysis, delivery and support of major applications
· Strong all-aroundproject management and project methodology skills
· Excellent written andverbal communication skills
· Highly self-motivatedand able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, taking initiativeas necessary
· Strong team leadershipand mentoring skills, managing teams across the organization including employees, consultants and vendors
· Demonstrate strong client focus and relationship management skills
· Demonstrated experience in a role that supports business teams
· Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
· Strong analytical and hands-on problem solving skills with an attention to detail
· Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or, related field is considered a plus
· Experience with Fidessa Sentinel would be considered a plus
· The Compliance Systems team is responsible for providing solutions that meet our guideline monitoring obligations.
· Guideline Monitoring is an integral part of the Portfolio Construction process – investors and portfolio managers look to leverage guidelines as key inputs into their decision-making process. This critical function also protects the investment and trading process from investment errors.
· In addition, the regulatory environment is under constant pressure and this team provides solutions that ensure Wellington is compliant and able to respond quickly to a regulator’ s request. Members of the team play critical roles in our firm’ s success by providing technology solutions which improve the quality, speed and efficiency of a highly complex industry with a sophisticated client base. It is our strong belief that the tools developed by the Compliance Systems team differentiate us from our competitors in the financial industry.
· As a senior member of the Compliance Systems team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
o Coaching and building up the team
o Oversight of the planning, prioritization, design, implementation, maintenance, support, and enhancement of the complex applications used byWellington’ s Guideline Monitoring and Portfolio Monitoring teams
o Partner with Business Functions to identify and document business requirements for new capabilities. This includes working closely with the Guideline Monitoring business team and managing relationships with business owners across different departments.
o Creation and Analysis of business requirements to provide direction into solution designs, project estimates, and manage overall delivery.
o Hands-on involvement, problem resolution, knowledge of the software applications and data flows
o Partnering effectively with internal Development QAteams as well as vendors to deliver solutions
o Interaction with other Business, IT, and Data teams within Wellington to ensure effective integration with portfolio management and trading tools
o Team management responsibilities include the recruiting, supervision, and development of staff and consultants – lines reporting directly to this role would be for Product Owners / Business Analysts, and Production Support team members