Level 1 Help Desk
New Orleans, LA
Top 3 Technical Skills (confirmed):
? IAT II clearance (Sec +)
? Local to Nola
? Excellent comm
? Experience with ticketing system (remedy is a bonus)
Homerun Desired Skill (confirmed):
? Current/former military
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
- Receive and provide tier-1 support for incoming communications (calls, emails, voicemail, and web service request and incident records) and provide staffing resources to maintain adequate coverage for 24/7 operations.
- Monitor all ESD service request and incident records and ensure that all ESD tickets are addressed in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Record announcements via the telephony system message, to include general announcements regarding outages and/or service degradation.
- Monitor network status and availability, utilizing tools, to remain informed on pending incidents to provide proactive support.
- Assist users in the area(s) of password reset, desktop application support (Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer, and Adobe), Windows operating system troubleshooting, and basic print and scanner support.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all transactions, using the Incident Management (IM) tool, as well as related support team documented procedures, such as the Operations manual. Execute IM procedures to assist in the identification and resolution of Incidents, to eliminate potential disruptions.
- Update the knowledge base of applications, systems, or program interrelationships, to assist with resolution of tickets.
- Execute the processes directly related to activities. Provide Tier I services, in accordance with policy, processes and procedures.
- Provide remote desktop support for user-facing services, as required. Publish outage notifications, as directed
- customers’ requests to resolve tickets, ensuring technology support and TT resolution are achieved within specified guidelines and in accordance with Service Level Targets (SLT).
- Serve as a point of contact (POC) between the customer and for receiving Service Requests, and assist with troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Log the Request/Incident into the trouble ticket system (BMC Remedy) and provide first line investigation, diagnosis, and response, to include resolution, if possible.
- Create Trouble Tickets and refer Incidents beyond Tier I capability in accordance with established call escalation processes.
Three (3) years of customer service experience shall include two (2) years of IT ticketing system experience, Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II.High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED
Position is subject to FAR 52.222-41, Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965, as Amended Nov-07, and the most current SCA Wage Determination (WD) issued by the Government under HP NGEN contract which is attached to this Job Posting.