Ft Detrick, MD
- Logistics Engineer is required for a 6 Month Contract to Hire position.
- Provide Logistics support and Integrated Product Support (IPS) in concert with the Director/Project Manager (PjM), Product Managers, and other team members for multiple products within the PMO and participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Apply technical expertise to write logistics documents (life cycle sustainment plan, materiel fielding plan, and a test and evaluation master plan) for medical support products.
- Apply life cycle logistics management concepts and methodology to assigned projects and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of IPS, wholesale supply system, cataloging, and contract administration/ procurement.
- Utilize knowledge of related and ancillary disciplines and specialties as testing, standardization, reliability and maintainability, safety, and configuration management.
- Conduct IPS element evaluations on supported tech base and advanced development medical and non-medical products in portfolio to ensure products will be sustainable once fielded.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain, and update supportability documents.
- Prepare and update required management and acquisition documentation for programmatic briefings and reviews, including the Life Cycle Sustainment Plan for appropriate products in the portfolio.
- 5+ years of related lifecycle logistics experience, medical or non-medical.
- Preferred experience as a logistics planner or in performance-based logistics with the DoD with an understanding of the system function and effect on the defense supply system.
- Knowledgeable of IPS elements and intent of the process.
- Preferred understanding of the Army and/or DoD field medical force structure.
- Must be U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.