Malden, MA | Perm
The purpose of this position is to identify and deliver best practices in materials management to ensure high levels of customer service while optimizing inventory investment. The scope of the role is to focus on ensuring local plant execution while optimizing inventory utilization our multi-plant network. Responsibilities to include planning, scheduling, inventory control, receiving and materials distribution operations. The position requires a drive for continuous improvement while ensuring compliance to documented policies and procedures. The person shall provide leadership and change management skills to move the culture and team to high levels of performance while fostering a collaborative environment.
- The following reflect the essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned based upon changing business conditions:
- Direct Material Buyer/Planners’ activities to enable the plant operation to execute to or above customer expectations while optimizing inventory, plant priorities and freight expense.
- Drive high adherence to system utilization to optimize the use of MRP functionality and reporting tools to enable an efficient workflow in the Planning, Scheduling, and Buying processes.
- Communicate effectively with all team members including cross-functional teams, internal customers and with external suppliers
- Manage development of a supplier performance program and work with Procurement to cooperatively improve supplier performance and collaboration.
Customer Service (40%)
- Ensure materials are available to support customer requirements while minimizing the freight costs.
- Monitor and mitigate material shortages; identify and implement corrective actions
- Ensure team keeps system material availability dates updated and accurate
- Monitor capacity requirements both short and long term
- Continuously look for service improvement opportunities
- Ensure and communicate overall product line customer service levels
- Manage the backlog by facility to ensure our service and utilization objectives are achieved.
Inventory Control (30%)
- Work with Procurement on reducing lead times, minimums and price break quantities.
- Provide forecasts to major suppliers.
- Follow-up on rejects to ensure they are expeditiously dispositioned
- Continuously look for inventory opportunities
- Monitor and report “ aged” inventories to identify opportunities to reduce and prevent
- Set, monitor and report line responsibility for inventory levels
- Get all obsolete inventory dispositioned and ultimately consumed, sold or scrapped
System Maintenance (20%)
- Ensure team creates work orders, purchase orders and material movements in a timely manner and in accordance with our customer service and inventory objectives
- Review all ECR’ s/ECN’ s and take appropriate action
- Ensure team monitors and maintains the accuracy of system planning and purchasing parameters.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of planning bills of material.
- Review procedures and practices to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Help mentor and cross-train Planner/Buyers.
- Provide a “ Best Experience” to all contacts by consistently following our “ Guiding Principles”.
- Special projects for senior management as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Four-Year college degree with emphasis in Business Management or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 5 to10 years of experience within Supply Chain Function
- Team management experience in planning, receiving, material handling and inventorycontrol within a manufacturing environment
- Must have leadership skills/experience in a fast pace customer centric environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient on ERP/MRP, MS Microsoft Office Suite and PC network applications
- Prior experience with supporting assembly operations is preferred
- Factory floor environment. Not an office environment
- Will have a work space within the factory
- Candidates must be able to work in a noisy environment