Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer to support a Missiles or Fire Control Development or Production Program effort.
Tasks assigned may include generation of Interface Control Drawings (ICD), generation of Instructional Engineering. Release (IER) documents, creation of 3D solid models and 2D drawings, and performance of tolerance analyses.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with a strong technical background, or 10 years of equivalent experience, and 6-8 years of Computer Aided Design software experience using PRO Engineer (PTC CREO2 or 3) and/or CATIA V.5.
- Candidate must be capable of creating and interpreting detail, assembly, and installation type drawings, and have knowledge of the concept of tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge and proficiency with a model/drawing data management tool, Windchill.
- A general understanding or experience with manufacturing engineering and fabrication processes. Familiarity with
- Prior LMC employment / experience is a plus.