Mechanical Designer (Cable)
Our client in the Lexington, MA, area is looking for a Cable Designer proficient responsible for performing basic design calculations and initiating block diagrams, schematics, cable drawings, wire diagrams, wire run lists and fabrication documentation. There will be the preparation of engineering release/revision documentation, as well as assisting the responsible engineer in producing fabrication orders and supporting the fabrication and assembly process, as required.
- Experience on SolidWorks or SolidWorks Electrical.
- Must have knowledge of; connector selection, wire types/sizes, voltage drops, electro-mechanical packaging, electrical fabrication & assembly techniques.
- Must have knowledge of Military, ASME & IEEE standards and familiarity with standards and established practices in; aircraft, missile, spacecraft and ground support equipment.
- Should be capable of developing own concepts, design layouts, and basic calculations to support their design.
- Must have good communication skills, require little or no supervision, and possess good creative skills.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.