Mechanical Engineer II
Lexington, MA | Contract
***MUST HAVE ACTIVE TS CLEARANCE***
Softworld Inc. Client provides innovative design solutions for advanced technology prototypes. Example projects include laser communication, high energy lasers, optical sensors, biological agent detectors, and large radar antennas, for systems deployed on ground, maritime, air- and space-borne platforms. The Group has expertise in precision engineering, opto-mechanics, mechanisms, electronics packaging, large structures, highly efficient lightweight structures, composite materials and additive manufacturing. They are the center for 3D CAD design and data management, and are involved in every step of a program’ s execution from conceptual design to system integration and test.
The selected candidate will be assigned to a multidisciplinary engineering team, under the direction of a Technical Project Manager. Responsibilities will include design, analyses, integration, and testing of complex hardware from conceptual design through fabrication and test. Candidates must have a broad range of knowledge in mechanical design of structures, mechanisms, optical systems and electronic packaging for DoD applications. Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements. They must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
- Experience in performing mechanical design and analysis of complex mechanicalsystems for DoD and aerospace applications.
- Opto-mechanical and or precision design experience for systems that must functionin harsh environments, is highly desired.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and demonstrateeffective written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated self-starters able to workindependently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements.
- They must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able topresent findings/results to internal and external organizations.
- Masters degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering plus 3 years minimum relevantexperience, or a Bachelors degree plus 5 years minimum relevant experience.