Our client in the Boston, MA area, is looking for a Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar with a min of 5 years’ experience as engineer related to electro-mechanical systems and mechanical parts
- Proficiency with 3D CAD and PDM packages, specifically SolidWorks and PDMWorks
- Familiarity with analysis tools such as ANSYS or analysis tool within SolidWorks
- Design mechanical parts, enclosures and fixtures to satisfy stringent environmental requirements. Select material and appropriate finishes/treatments
- Mechanical designs of circuit boards and circuit card assemblies, including creation of constraint drawings, identifying connectors, mechanical fasteners, etc.
- Run basic finite element models to verify design intent
- Generate appropriate documentation to convey design to fabrication organizations. This includes mechanical part and assembly drawings, circuit card assembly drawings, assembly instructions, etc. Apply GD&T.
- Interface with machine shop, circuit card assembly facility, and 3D printing lab
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.