East Greenwich, RI
Our Client in the East Greenwich, RI, area seeks a Mechanical Engineer proficient with Solidworks to join in the development of product specifications, preparation of supporting documents, change control, as well as tooling and product testing in a cross functional team environment. Best practices include, but are not limited to FEA, Solid Modeling, Tolerance Stack-up, Design of Experiments, Thermal and CFD Analyses.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Responsibility for all mechanical aspects of battery development projects from the first concept prototype stage through development, validation/qualification testing, and ending in a CDR and hand-off to Operations
• Solidworks 3D CAD modeling expertise required. Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus.
• Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods is desired.
• Analyze and interpret customer/target market mechanical envelopes, specifications and assembly requirements.
• Develop mechanical design envelope and components of a battery cell from concept to prototypes.
• Design analysis to arrive at design solution through mechanical engineering principles and FEA. The analysis is highly non-linear requiring strong background in structural mechanics and multi-part design analysis.
• Interface with external and internal resources to obtain prototype parts and equipment. Interface with internal and external resources to meet manufacturing requirements.
• Establish and maintain best engineering practices and product lifecycle management techniques to ensure top quality for new product introductions. Reduce cost of product and prepare cost estimates.
• Knowledge of Minitab, SPC and DOE methodology required