Sterling Heights, MI | Contract
Mechanical Design Engineer
Review, understand, and execute complex designs for Mechanical Subsystems.
Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in Structures/Armor, drivelines, powertrain, suspensions, Motors and Drives.
Reviews Statements of Work, Contract Change Proposals, Technical Incidence Reports and similar documents and prepares conceptual solutions to the stated problems and requirements.
Develop plans and estimates for future projects (ROMSs, BOEs, project plans, informal estimates) in response to customer and contractual requirements.
Develop and maintain TDPs, Layouts and prototype part drawings as required.
Conduct design reviews and presentations and write technical reports according to departmental standards.
Lead in resolution of complex technical issues with Production, suppliers and customers
Develops estimates for Subsystem Integration effort.
Support design teams during design development in the area of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 3 years of applicable experience.
- CAD design knowledge: Creo preferred
- Analytical skills to solve technical problems at component, subsystem or system level
- Superior communication, organization and prioritization skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-starter with high energy level
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and other engineering software
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions for confined space