Mechanical Mobility Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
Mechanical design integration
Diesel engine background
Powertrain design and integration experience, hands on diesel mechanic background
Mobility Engineer to design, develop and release system, and subsystem componentry related to engines, drivetrain, suspension, and cooling systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Integration of diesel engines in combat vehicles
- Development of Front End Accessory Drive components
- Troubleshoot production and test related powertrain issues
Assignments will also include general Mechanical Engineering tasks such as:
- Develop engineering design concepts via CAD software (Creo)
- Assist lead engineers on the design of components for various military vehicle platforms
- Assist lead engineers on the problem resolution of field, logistic and manufacturing issues
- Work with the prototype shop on the fabrication and validation of prototype components
- Present design concepts and program status to functional and program management
Required B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of two years of applicable experience.Fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Must have familiarity with diesel engines.
- Ideal candidate will have diesel mechanic experience or powertrain integration experience.
-Must have strong mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interact will all organizational levels.
-Able to work with design services to create detailed drawings and provide technical support for concurrent engineering
- Able to support procurement and on site prototype build/integration activities and resolve issue
- Able to read technical drawings and perform tolerance stacks. Working knowledge of GD&T is a plus.
- Work in an Integrated Product Team environment and be able to communicate across functional organizations
- Trouble shooting vehicle subsystems
- Performing failure analysis & be able to provide technical direction for corrective action solutions
- Write technical reports and modification instructions
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must be able to work in office, shop, test lab and test site environments