Mechanical Systems Engineer
12+ months (potential opportunity to go Direct if candidate is interested)
• Analyze, design, develop and test systems to ensure the integration of, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort.
• Hardware Mechanical Engineers perform design and development in areas such as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic and heat transfer.
• Their work assists with General Dynamics Mission Systems production, transmission and measurement, as well as the use of mechanical and electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines and machines.
• Formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis; selecting systems architecture; and preparing specifications for operating systems to ensure designs meet applicable specifications.
• The successful candidate works within a team to develop, integrate, test, and install (typically subsea) sensor and information systems.
• Supports System level requirements analysis and decomposition.
• Leads systems engineering trade studies.
• Considers and incorporates reliability, maintainability, safety, survivability, human and other requirements in the system solutions.
• Develops System Configuration Item (CI) development and procurement specifications.
• Tracks, verifies and validates functional, interface and performance requirements.
• Participates in design reviews, gives technical presentations, and writes technical reports to provide status, results, and solutions to customers.
• Develops test plans and procedures to qualify and show compliance to system requirements.
• Assists with the integration/installation of hardware and/or control systems, software algorithms.
• The candidates will support system architecture development for Naval surface and undersea systems. Analyses are focused on evaluation of new concepts, requirements definition, and performance evaluation.
• The individual will perform analyses on systems and subsystem designs utilizing Modeling and Simulation tools and utilize the results to perform the functions described above.
• The individual will document analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the program management team and the various customer program office representatives.
• The individual will support the design, production and integration of designs with the shipboard systems including the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort.