Mission Critical Software Engineer
Title: Mission Critical Software Engineer
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Cambridge MA
Softworld Engineering is staffing for a prestigious R&D lab in Cambridge MA. This position supports a larger Program which is responsible for delivering a fault tolerant GNC flight computer for integration into an autonomous space craft which will service the International Space Station. The responsibilities of this position include working as part of a team to build and deliver two simulators for the autonomous space craft:
- The first simulator is of the GNC flight computer, intended to provide a surrogate for integration into their larger vehicle simulation and to support mission simulations at the system level.
- The second simulator is of the remote terminals in the vehicle, intended to provide a test environment for the development and verification of the flight computer for the vehicle
- MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- At least 7 years of experience
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly. This program is large and the number of tasks are varied
- Ability to learn quickly and on the job is a strong must.
- Good knowledge of C/C++. Strong aptitude with pointers, bit math, and good code design principles desired.
- Experience with System Design. E.g., how to robustly design a new feature of a larger system and then implement and integrate that piece into the system.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Experience with Git, including concepts like branching, patch files, performing merge requests, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with any/all aspects of fault tolerant system designs. E.g., redundancy management, I/O, CRCs, telemetry, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with MIL-STD-1553B.
- Experience with parallel processing.
- Experience with CRIU.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience with writing/editing Makefiles.
- Knowledge of LaTeX.
- Experience with documentation and technical writing.