Mixed-Signal Systems Design
Title: Mixed-Signal Systems Design
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 6+ months
Softworld Engineering is seeking talented and motivated individuals to tackle challenging engineering problems. As a Mixed Signal Systems Designer, you will be responsible for building high-performance systems for Guidance, Navigation, and Control for both terrestrial and space systems. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams with opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to a variety of projects in this area.
Applicants should possess solid skills in analog and digital systems design, understanding of signal and power integrity principles, and PCB layout implications. Applicants should also have knowledge of high level design, simulation and verification and be familiar with tools and process flows supporting design and verification for digital ASIC / FPGA efforts.
- System architecture design
- Detailed analysis design and capture
- Manage PCB layout design resources
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Signal characterization
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 5+ years overall experience
- Great EE fundamentals
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the following areas is important: system integration, processor selection, analog integration, sensor design and integration, data acquisition, sampling and control theory, digital signal processing techniques and low power design
- System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems, which may include high frequency switched-mode power electronics, RF circuitry, and high speed digital electronics located in close physical proximity with precision sensors/actuators.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, and functional verification
- Design of experiments creation, execution and data analysis
- Ability to acquire a security clearance if needed